1½ Cups skim milk powder
1½ Cups white sugar
¾ Cup unsweetened cocoa
¾ Cup non-dairy creamer
To Make this Jar Gift:
Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir well. For a finer mix, combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and mix well.
Store in an air tight container.
Place 2 or 3 tablespoons in a mug and add boiling water.
Attach the label to the jar with white glue, or tie on around the lid with ribbon and a couple of short cinnamon sticks.
Decorate the jar lid with a circle of fabric or lace, tied on with ribbon or raffia.
Add two to three tablespoons of hot cocoa mix to a mug, add boiling water and stir.
- For Mocha Hot Chocolate, place 2 or 3 tablespoons of hot chocolate mix in a mug and fill with hot coffee.
- After processing all other ingredients in the blender or food processor, empty mix into a bowl and stir in 1 cup of mini marshmallows.
- Replace the plain non-dairy creamer with a flavored creamer such as French Vanilla or Hazelnut.
- For spiced hot chocolate, add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon to mix, or ½ teaspoon nutmeg and ½ teaspoon of cinnamon.
- For raspberry hot chocolate, add one package of raspberry koolaid to the mix and increase the sugar to 2 cups.